Waterproof Protection For Your Mattress Brings Peace of Mind
A mattress is one of the most valuable investments in your home, so protecting it will bring you peace of mind. Mattress Safe® protectors offer a range of waterproof yet breathable style options that are non-allergenic, fire retardant, dust mite resistant, and machine washable.
|Click Here to Shop for Additional Products by Mattress Safe®|
Waterproof BeddingAdult incontinence, children bedwetting, pet stains and accidents each pose potential threats to a clean dry mattress.
Waterproof bedding solutions by Mattress Safe® provide a protective barrier reducing mattress damage. The laminated fabric of our Sofcover® mattress covers, protectors and encasements provide waterproof, stain resistant protection for your bed. Parents, homeowners, camps and rental properties can all benefit by protecting expensive bedding while providing a clean dry sleeping environment.
For life's inconvenient late night accidents, Mattress Safe® offers the Sofcover® "Simplistic " overlay, a bed and sheet protector. When combined with Mattress Safe® total mattress encasements, the "Simplistic" overlay allows for quick and easy removal for washing, leaving a clean dry and protected mattress beneath. The Sofcover® "Simplistic" is convenient for travel mattress protection. Mattress Safe® provides an easy way to protect "Grandma's Bed" or "Protect You" from hotel beds during travel. (For total protection add the PillowSafe® Pillow protector.)
Compared to other mattress covers, the soft, smooth Sofcover® fabric offers a variety of advantages:
- Waterproof Protection - Protect against spills and fluids.
- Breathable - Moisture is wicked away from the body for greater comfort in both hot and cold environments.
- Non-Allergenic - Retards flourishing mold and bacteria in the mattress, decreasing the population of allergy inducing spores.
- Soft to the Touch - Noiseless, comfortable, and soft to the touch, allowing for a peaceful night's sleep.
- Easy Maintenance - Convenient to wipe down between washings. Lightweight and launders like a sheet, resulting in less saturation and bulk when wet.
- Bed Bug Certified - Prevents initial infestation and provides early detection of an infestation. Eliminates the opportunity for bed bugs to find a home in the mattress or box spring.
Adults/IncontinenceProtecting your mattress and sheets from fluids and stains, Mattress Safe® products provide protection for adults during periods of home health care and the daily uses of family life. As we grow older our bodies inevitably start to break down and health issues become more prominent. With aging can come the complications of surgical recovery, injury, sickness, and incontinence. Adult sleepers may encounter times of needing stain and waterproof protection for their mattress. From illness through home healthcare, our Sofcover® "Superior" and Sofcover® "Ultimate" encasements give you a layer of security that will not interfere with rest or recovery.
25 million adult Americans experience temporary or chronic urinary incontinence (UI). Health risks include skin rashes, sores, infections and urinary tract infections. The National Association For Continence* estimates that 75-80% of UI sufferers are women, 9-13 million of whom have symptoms ranging from moderate to severe. UI often affects people over 50 years old, and over half of home bound seniors have incontinence issues. Common causes include*:
- Menopausal or pregnancy-related hormone fluctuations
- For men, enlarged prostate gland or prostate surgery
- Weakened and stretched pelvic muscles after childbirth
- Prescription medication side effects
- Build-up of stool in the bowels
- Overweight and obesity, which increases pressure
on the bladder and muscles that control the bladder
- Urinary tract infections
- Vascular disease
- Diseases such as diabetes, Alzheimer's disease and multiple sclerosis
Kids/Bed-wettingMattress Safe® "Wee" Saver® products give children extra security as they grow. Learning to be confident is a great achievement for your child. Protecting your child's mattress will give them the added security they need for a worry free sleep after an accident. Should bedwetting occur, Mattress Safe® products are waterproof and provide protection again fluids and stains. The luxurious fabric is soft to the touch contributing to the comfort of your mattress.
It is estimated that more than 5 million children in the US experience bed-wetting. Although the inconvenience affects many young people, it usually disappears naturally over time. This suggests that incontinence, for some people, may be a normal part of growing up. Incontinence at the normal age of toilet training may cause great distress. Most cases probably result from a mix of factors including slower physical development, an overproduction of urine at night, a lack of ability to recognize bladder filling when asleep, and, infrequently, anxiety. Anxiety experienced after the age of 4 due to overwhelming, stressful situations may lead to bed-wetting even after the child has been dry for a period of 6 months or more. Most children overcome incontinence naturally - without treatment - as they grow older, typically due to combination of factors:
- Bladder capacity increases
- Natural body alarms become activated
- An overactive bladder settles down
- Production of related hormones normalizes
- The child learns to better respond to their body's signals
- Stressful events or periods pass
Your mattress is an investment to ensure a good night's sleep and periodically may be used by everyone in your family, including pets. Many pet lovers enjoy sharing their bed with their furry companions. A beloved pet that is elderly, suffering from a UTI, sickness or convalescing from a surgery or injury can experience accidents thus causing irreversible damage to the mattress.
A Mattress Safe® mattress encasement will protect your mattress from the everyday accident. Beyond everyday protection, Mattress Safe® encasements add to the life of your bedding investment by protecting against molds, stains, bacteria, skin cells and specifically dust mite and pet allergens that collect in the mattress. Add a layer of protection and comfort to the most used piece of future in your home.
*Please note that claws on pets can puncture the protector compromising the waterproof effectiveness of the product.
National Association for Continence
FamilyDoctor.org Health Information For The Whole Family